Thoughts while Traveling

3.30.2005

God is really bringing some things home for me. Making Himself perfectly clear.
Today in my Stage Management class I learned alot about Him and what He is calling me to right now in my life. I love how my creator draws these invisible lines throughout my life and connects it all together. Life He's trying to make a point and drive it home? Exactly. We discussed the book, "Peacemaker- a personal guide to Resolving Conflict" (I don't know the author, but I will find out.) Anways,the author suggests four basic principles to approaching conflict, all from a Biblical perspective.

1. GLORIFY GOD. - I Cor. 10:31
Biblical peacemaking is motivated and directed by a desire to please and honor God. His interests, reputation, and commands should take precedence over all other considerations.This focus not only shows our love and respect for God but also protects us from the impulsive, self-centered decisions that make conflict even worse.

2. GET THE LOG OUT OF YOUR EYE. (Matthew 7:5)
Peacemaking requires facing up to our own attitudes, faults, and responsibilites before pointing out what others have doen wrong. Overlooking the minor offenses of others and honestly admitting our own faults often will encourage similar responses from our opponents and open the way for candid dialogue, reconciliation, and constructive negotiation.

3. GO AND SHOW YOUR BROTHER HIS FAULT ( Matthew 18:15)
At times peacemaking also requires constructive confrontation. When others fail to accept responsibility for their actions, we may need to confront them in a gracious yet firm manner. If they refuse to respond approprately, we may need to involve respected friends, church leaders, or other neutral individuals who can help restore peace.

4. GO AND BE RECONCILED ( Matthew 5:24)
Finally, peacemaking involves a commitment to restoring damaged relationships and developing agreements that are just as satisfactory to everyone involved. Forgivness and cooperative negotiation clear away the debris left by conflict and make possible reconciliation and genuine peace.

Good stuff.
posted by A. St. at 5:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home