Thoughts while Traveling

5.26.2005

..this journey is my own

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love this picture and have it on my screen at work. if I squint just right I can block out everything and imagine that these are my legs stretched out in front of me, and i am...there. I can almost feel the breeze and smell the grass.

Update on the girls (my flowers): they are all thriving and lovely. Princess Sophia is a little tempermental, but what can we expect? "Your water with a twist of Miracle Grow, your Highness..."

Going to start my oil painting class next week, which I am much anticipating. Brilliant. I have always had an itch to paint, more like a groaning monster inside my stomach. Can't wait to start...and what better time than now, when I am for the first time in my memory free enough (in my spirit) to pursue more of what my heart longs for rather than what is expected of me. Sometimes I sit and think "isn't that sad?" that it has taken me this long, but I am forced out of that by a wave of urgency that reminds to seize the day and enjoy the present. Love. play. dream. rest. encourage. PAINT!

My new weekend ritual at the beach...digging my feet deep in the sand and reading a good book, has been reviving for the soul. I love living at the edge of the earth.(so to speak)The ocean to me is better than going to church. I don't know that I have ever been to the beach and not been in awe of the majesty and greatness of my Father. The sight always brings me to worship. Always. For some reason I feel as though I am surrounded by the "great cloud of witnesses" there at the edge...

Notice to the left of the page that there is a new addition, blessing for the day. Reminds me of when we were kids and mom passed around the "promise box" for us each to read a verse. Remember, sarah and booth?

I love not knowing what the blessing is...just expecting one. Isn't that an interesting thought?
posted by A. St. at 2:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home