Thoughts while Traveling

2.22.2005

Beauty for Ashes

I know alot of people are hurting. Grief abounds and we don't understand why. Life ends and yet...doesn't. In praying for all of you (and there are too many to name) these words keep rising in my spirit and as I sing I am lifting you up to our Father.

He gives beauty for ashes
Strength for fear
Gladness for mourning
Peace for despair
When sorrow seems to surround you
When suffering hangs heavy o’er your head
Know that tomorrow bringsWholeness and healing
God knows your need
Just believe what He said
When what you’ve done keeps you from moving on
When fear wants to make itself at home in your heart
Know that forgiveness bringsWholeness and healing
God knows your need
Just believe what He said
I once was lost but God has found me
Though I was bound I’ve been set free
I’ve been made righteous in His sight
A display of His splendor all can see
~Crystal Lewis

It's true, you know. I know what it's like to not see it and therefore find yourself in an unbelieving state. He's still there, though. Tie a knot and hang on for dear life, and the flames will not burn you, but refine you like precious gold.
posted by A. St. at 7:38 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home