Thoughts while Traveling

8.19.2005

blast it

Just walked away from a heated conversation on "protocol" and how it sometimes is better to avoid an "awkward situation" than help someone in need because of what it "looks like."

the never- ending story. The "appearance of evil." Letting "negativity get in."

Oh, saw it off, mate. Do you really want to get into a conversation regarding ethics with me right now?

I quietly returned to my cubicle to blog away for a moment.

I stand firm in the truth that God has taught me so clearly. NO, you cannot change someone else's heart or dictate their thoughts and their words. However, you CAN be granted wisdom from above and control your REACTION to them, and thus comes with that the opportunity to be salt and light.

Love.

Washing someone else's feet with the right Spirit is never the "wrong thing to do." I don't care how you slice it.

And so I...

breathe, let go, contend, and walk in my own convictions.
posted by A. St. at 9:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home