Thoughts while Traveling

10.24.2007

Everything is new ...Again!


Things I have learned of the Big Apple since my emergence:

NY is the most environmentally conscious place I have ever lived.

One can exist in a city of millions... and be lonely.

Beware of most "street meat" except for Rafiqui's on Park & 57th.

The big and scary "NYC" gets smaller the more days I walk the streets.

Everything is later. People get to work later, stay later, and eat dinner late. Not working for me. I am putting on weight like a sumo wrestler, regardless of the 2 miles walking every day.

Having your groceries delivered is not lazy. Its just smart.

Relying solely on public transportation is teaching me patience.

I need to join an online book club. I can't feed my reading habit fast enough with the hour commute to work.

Although I can hold my own on Madison Ave., the breath I take when getting off the train in Brooklyn at the end of the day is...deep.

My husband has never seemed more alive. I love that.
posted by A. St. at 12:04 PM

3 Comments:

It's a good feeling when your husband seems alive. I think I know this feeling well.
Hope you guys are having the time of your life!

8:31 PM  

love it. Keep the updates coming, please!

11:45 PM  

i'm so happy to read your blogs again-they make me think, smile, and pray harder.

miss you

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home