Thoughts while Traveling

1.31.2007

"Call PETA. the circus is coming to town..."

Yesterday I heard the word "bamboozled" a total of four times.

That was peculiar, I thought. I don't even know if that is a real word.

Then, after a long day I slumbered and dreamt of very strange things. Like a herd of elephants walking through my workplace, led by my gregarious and loud mouth boss, who ironically was returning today from a business trip to Las Vegas. I am not a dream analyzer myself, however I would venture to say that this image is a telling one of my feelings toward her.

Life is looking different lately. I am grateful and humbled when I look and see before me a kicked open door. I look ahead and I hope. In a sermon I heard a few weeks ago, "Hope" was described as one of the three "sisters", sandwiched in between "Faith" and "Love." Words that incidentally are thrown around these days like a football in a half hearted pick-up game on a Saturday afternoon.

"Hope", like many middle children, is sometimes displaced and unsure of it's identity.
We treat it as such. I know I have. Hope, I realized, is something I don't cling to very often.

I want to learn how to do that more.
posted by A. St. at 3:28 PM

3 Comments:

hey, I was just saying to Sarah two nights ago that I missed you guys. then I had a dream that Justin and you were at a party or something that I was also at. Then, it seemed Justin was upset at me - so tell him I'm sorry for whatever I did to upset him. Anyway, I think it was just my overactive and paranoid imagination. We really do miss you two and hope that someday soon we'll meet up.

love you both.

2:23 PM  

Hey, called you Sunday about getting together....you want to try again this week????

9:39 PM  

Okay...umm...it's been a REALLY long time since you've blogged. I miss the curious mind of Anna!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home