Thoughts while Traveling

11.15.2007

raindrops on roses ..or leaves?

I sure wish we could send some of this rain down to Atlanta.

My faith is being tested. As much as I was prepared to fight unemployment and had "all my ducks in a row", life always throws curve balls. I know people have it a lot worse than me, I simply haven't worked in 2 and a half days and am panicking. The job that was in the bag is now floating again in the universe up for grabs. Although I want desperately to scream "I am the one for the job!" ....reality as a servant of Christ is.. maybe I am not. If I gave that situation to God and left it there, then who am I to go and pick up ownership again? I cannot.

The restlessness of waiting is hard for me. The last 2 days have been quiet. I can appreciate that as a gift. Thankfully, the agency came through and placed me in a menial receptionist job for the day at the last minute. So I threw on some mascara and dashed out to sit here all day, but at least get paid. Hence the blogging on the rainy day in Brooklyn while at work. The manager keeps telling me to read a book, as I will be bored. Right now bored is not the sentiment, I am thankful.

I found myself panicking this morning when there was no work. That lasted about 5 minutes. I allowed myself 5 minutes of self pity.I know where to go. I know who to turn to. Not my emotions, that are as fickle as the R train. Last night at Bible study we talked about our time communing with God, and stopping to pray when we have the inkling, instead of adding it to our daily "to-do" list. That discussion was fresh on my heart, thankfully. I spent some time with God and prayed. That led to listening to the worship music for this coming Sunday. {Explanation: Justin and I have joined the worship team at our church. I am having to learn some of the newer worship tunes out there, as we have been out of that arena for a few years.} That to say, I was lying on the floor with Theo singing my heart out, repeating these words:

Oh no, you never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, you never let go
Through every high and every low
oh no, you never let go,
Lord, you never let go of me...


And in the midst of surrendering, the phone rang. Enough said. Thanks.

I do have much to be thankful for.

The adventures of temping continue...as I wait on you, Father. Your grace is all I need.
posted by A. St. at 11:04 AM

4 Comments:

you should write something bigger than a blog. seriously. think about it. pray about it. thanks for the blessing.

2:27 PM  

Great Blog. I prayed for you in agreement with others last night, as you asked. No worries my dearest friend, GOD does have it under control. We need to chat soon, I will await good news. Expect LOTS from God, he has his best in store for you! :)
Love you and thanks for such a great blog, I second Phil's comment.

5:28 PM  

Anna, Great blog it good to here that God is still working among his people. Here lately I found myself sitting and wondering about the plan he has for me, and then I remeber that God is in Control. Over this past year God had really allowed me to know that I need to put all my trust in Him. And for me to step back and allow him to work in my life. God does have something amazing for you, just continue to depend on him. Like that song He will never let go of you!! Praying for you doing this time, Love you!!!
April

7:06 AM  

hey dear...i completely understand not having a job...didn't have one for a while...as everyone says and we all know its true (even though we want to kick and scream), God's timing will work it out. I'll be praying for you!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home