Thoughts while Traveling

5.05.2004

HOPE
Elijah, the prophet

I Kings 17

SIGNS OF HOPELESSNESS

1.PANIC ...because you assume the worst

2. QUIT TRYING CLOSED DOORS... because you assume they
won't open.
(persisitence-God is saying "name something that's too
hard for me.)

3. Focus on the PAST and the PRESENT...because you assume
there is no future.

***** if God chose to show me the plan, I would most likely follow
the plan and not HIM******


LESSONS LEARNED

~ If God did not CLOSE THE DOOR, it can still be open.
(Matthew 7:7-8)

~God has not given us the SPIRIT OF A WIDOW, but the spirit
of a BRIDE (Revelation 19:7)

---the best days of your life are ahead---

GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO BE:

** a person of hope**
** a messenger of hope**

(they go together. in being a person of hope, you are also a messenger of hope)

-sermon by Glenn Burris, Jr. GCC May 2-


This sermon really spoke to me. MY GOD IS A RELEVANT GOD!!Lord, today I praise you for that. You are awesome, your timing is awesome. You speak your word and your truth into my life always at the right moment. Thank you for revealing my weaknesses so that in this knowledge I can grow. I have been living my life with the spirit of a widow, and didn't even realize it. Even on my wedding day, I carried the spirit of a widow and not of a bride. I had not let go in order to embrace a new journey. Even coming up on my first wedding anniversary, I possess the remnants of that spirit, in all areas of my life. I relate this with my marriage because it is related. It's all right here. ALL my life. Lord, it's hard to imagine living my life in with a different spirit. I suppose grief and loss have changed me more than I know. It has changed my outlook on everything and my approach to everything, whether I wanted that to happen or not. You, God, are the great Redeemer, the healer, the perfector of my faith. Give me the spirit of a bride, and give me the boldness to ask and believe that the best days of my life are ahead. How can that be? Because I will live as person of hope, and in that, be a messenger of hope. I claim this in your Holy name today, Lord. I know a lot of times I lack this hope and faith. Pour it into me, God, every day. Light the way for me so I can light the way for others. This is a huge prayer for me today, Lord. Bigger my small faith. You are...

posted by A. St. at 8:38 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home