Thoughts while Traveling

4.08.2005

spit and tears...

...that basically sums up yesterday. Well, at least my 3 hour long quality time at the dentist office. Can you believe I cried in the middle of the drilling? I did, which of course scored me some more novocaine.Which of course bruised my mouth considerably and I am paying for now. Speaking of paying, that horrible and painful experience costs us $500.00. Yikes. I would rather have had a root canal. They are cheaper. Which is the lesser evil? My answer depends on the moment, I suppose.Ick.

What a week. I am so grateful to be in school, however the upcoming summer is looking like heaven on earth right now. To be able to sleep more than 5 hours a night...oh, sweet summer. "Guys and Dolls" opening is quickly approaching, as are finals. Strength for the weary...one day at a time. This is the first time Justin and I have been on the same stage in a show, and it is such a blessing to be able to work together. I love that.

Transparency. I have recently had several conversations about what that means to us that call ourselves sons and daughters of God.What does that mean to you? Being vulnerable is a hard thing sometimes...and that icky monster called Insecurity (middle name PRIDE) rears it's ugly head clothed as something else, depending on the stage it has found itself on. I long to remain transparent, and have to remain on my knees to do so.

I am having dejavu right now, thinking that I have probably written these very words before...if I have, that goes to show..something. It's a constant learning process, this faith thing.

adios.
posted by A. St. at 7:53 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home