Thoughts while Traveling

8.12.2004

"GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD! HIS FAITHFUL LOVE ENDURES FOREVER. HAS THE LORD REDEEMED YOU? THEN SPEAK OUT!..." PSALM 107

Today is a new day and it is a gift. Lord, give me an opportunity today to share you with someone, and make me ready.

I (finally) talked to my brother at length yesterday. I miss him very much but I am very excited to see what God is doing in him and where He's taking him. Booth, I am so proud of you. You will always be my favorite human.

I am afraid.
I got a message yesterday from someone in the theatre at Regent asking me to come and audition for two plays. Do you know how long it has been since I have auditioned for a play? A while. BUt on the other hand, I have known that this was coming....the opportunity for me to find what has been lying dormant in my soul for so long and allow God to make it fly. Yesterday in my blog I was thinking more along the lines of Justin and HIS dots being connected. Me? So soon? It's really putting myself "out there", which I have been too afraid to do the past few years.

I am standing at the edge of a river, where the anointed raging water is moving quick, fierce, and powerful. There is always great risk involved when flying (or rather, swimming?--Seems as if I have created a new creature in my mind, a flying trout!)

I have wanted to jump in and join in the journey so bad for so long. It's my passion and my heart, a burning in my bones like Jeremiah and Sara. There is a quote I have used for many years to spur other people along in their own faith and lives. "In order to find the fruit, you have to go out on a limb." When is the turning point where one starts taking one's own advice?

I sound so frail and weak. Reality is, I was frail and weak and life is just starting to look very different for me. Is God providing a way for me? Why is that so hard to grasp? He IS my creator and my Father...

I learned a hUGE lesson back in 2001. That I must DO IT AFRAID. Whatever that "it" is. I don't remember being this afraid in a long time. I need help.

posted by A. St. at 7:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home