Thoughts while Traveling

10.29.2004

Ode to coffee

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures: it leadeth me
beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz: it leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction, I will fear no Equal ™: for thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the prescence of
Juan Valdez: thou anointest my day with pep; my mug
runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days
of my life: and I will dwell in the House of Maxwell
forever.

Desmond, when I read this, I thought of you first. Enjoy!
posted by A. St. at 4:02 PM

1 Comments:

hee hee . . . it's great. Though, it does help me put into perspective my almost supernatural dependence on the nectar of life. Plus, I think I'd like to be remembered for more than my over-indulgence with the coffee . . . thanks for causing my safe-little "I'm OK" cocoon come crashing down around me . . . . I need a coffee . . .

Miss Y'all!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home