Thoughts while Traveling

2.06.2005

Flannel sheets: facilitating tardiness since 1928

I haven't blogged since 2004. I was starting to think that perhaps blogging was an "04 thing." It certainly seemed that way for awhile, but I've been feeling the urge to give it a go lately- only I can't remember the specific things I wanted to mention... so I'll just start and we'll see what happens. Here we go.

Rehearsals have been (pronounced bean) going well. You must pronounce it that way because we are using english accents. Loads of fun at first, but very tedious when you get nit-picky about it- which you must. I have recently been (again, like bean) made aware of just how lazy Americans' mouths are. We could all be sued for Consonant Negligence. You people who live in "Atlanna" know what I'm talking about. It's great to be in a theatre again. Stages have a smell. They all do. The show opens two Thursdays from now- that's exciting.
Down side? I never get to see Anna. That's a freaking rough downside. It was the same way last semester when she was "costume girl" for Much Ado. Only now I'm the one that's out. Either way it's tough. Sometimes I start wondering about how this will work if this is what we want to do. But then, this is stuff we're doing after work- when it is our work- things should be a little easier to balance. They better. These days it takes everything in me to keep from saying "Screw it, let's just stay in bed" every morning. "Forget work- we have flannel sheets!!!" Wouldn't that be great? And we would do it too, because I have the power of suggestion. But I must use my powers for good, not evil.
As Anna mentioned, we saw Finding Neverland last weekend. Loved it. And yes, I cried. I cried and I don't care who knows it! You know what i felt like after I cried? Friggin great! I don't cry enough. There is no shame in emotionally connecting to a beautiful story that speaks to your true self. I'm going to start a club... no, a league. A league of men who are unafraid to cry! Why is it that a man can secrete gallons of sweat and he's manly (gross, but manly) yet a drop or two from his eye and there's something wrong? There's nothing wrong! It's salty and wet just like sweat. In fact, I think tears are sweat. A man sweats because his body is working- a man's eyes tear up from sweat because his soul is working.
And if that's not enough to convince you to not pass judgement on a man crying- fancy this passage from a well known higher authority:
Jesus wept, suckahs NIMTV
(New International Mr. T Version)
posted by A. St. at 1:58 AM

1 Comments:

awesome.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home